Digital ICH Observatory now online
The Digital ICH Observatory aims to produce, organise and analyse information about e-Inventories of Intangible Cultural Heritage (ICH). A network to share knowledge and practices about ICH that is on the web.
The Digital ICH Observatory is an output of the project DCHPII – Digital Cultural Heritage: Platforms and Inventories of the Intangible.
The DCHPII project focuses on the following questions: What is an ICH e-Inventory? What are its objectives? Who should undertake it? What should include and with what methodological and technical approaches?
The Digital ICH Observatory is a website that serves the DCHPII project but goes beyond it. Its mission is:
• Identifying and mapping ICH e-Inventories;
• Analysing the structure, multimedia resources and interfaces of the ICH e-Inventories;
• Making comparative studies;
• Doing research on participatory methodologies;
• Sharing scientific works on Digital ICH;
• Sharing good practices;
• Promoting a network of cooperation and communication among Digital ICH stakeholders.